What is laser skin resurfacing?
Laser skin resurfacing is a procedure that uses a laser to treat the appearance of your skin. Beams of light are directed toward targeted skin, and the skin is removed layer by layer.
What conditions does laser skin resurfacing treat?
Laser resurfacing treats many skin conditions, including:
- fine lines and wrinkles
- aging or sun-damaged skin
- certain types of scars, such as acne scars
- yellowish or graying skin tones
- certain types of birthmarks, such as linear epidermal nevi birthmarks
- enlarged oil glands on the nose
What are the expected results of laser skin resurfacing?
- Reduced facial wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes, forehead, and mouth
- Improved complexion of sun damaged skin
- Even out skin tone and/or skin texture
- Scar reduction
- Elimination of warts
- Diminished age spots and liver spots
- Birthmark removal
Is laser skin resurfacing treatment right for you?
Ideal candidates for laser resurfacing treatment include patients with fine lines or wrinkles around the eyes, forehead, or mouth; shallow scars from acne; or aging or sun-damaged skin.
Please contact us today to see if laser skin resurfacing treatment is right for you.
How long does the procedure take?
Depending upon how many areas are being treated, it can take just a half hour or up to two hours.
Does laser skin resurfacing hurt?
For most people, the pain of this procedure is mild due to a topical numbing cream placed on the skin.