As we age, your natural hormone levels deplete, decreasing your libido and increasing fatigue, irritability, hair
loss, mood swings and other symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
Restoring your hormone balance is possible through Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, now available at The
Wellness & Aesthetics Medical Center in San Antonio, TX.
To learn how BHRT can improve your physical health and overall wellbeing, please call us at (210) 338-8228 or
contact us online today!
What is hormone replacement therapy?
Hormone replacement therapy is used to balance hormone levels in women and men. With BHRT, your hormone levels can
return to healthy levels.
What are bioidentical hormones?
Bioidentical hormones have molecular structure which is identical to the hormones produced naturally by the human
body. This means that supplementation with bioidentical hormones offers fewer side-effects than those of synthetic
hormones. Bioidentical hormones are created from natural sources like yams and soy.
Diagnosing Hormone Imbalances with Hormone Level Testing
To determine your hormone levels, Dr. Williams may use one of several hormone tests (saliva, blood serum, blood)
available to him. The hormone tests will help identify any hormonal imbalance you might be having.
Hormone Replacement for Women
Through BHRT, women can experience:
- improved mood
- increased focus
- increased energy
- weight loss
- improved skin texture and tone
- treated symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome
- reduced symptoms of peri-menopause, menopausal, and post-menopause
Hormone Replacement for Men
BHRT for men can:
- increase energy
- increase concentration
- increase muscle mass
- decrease fat
- decrease cholesterol
- empower the immune system
- increase libido
Types of Hormone Therapy
Testosterone hormone therapy may help your cardiovascular health, lower your risk of mental disorders such as
Alzheimer’s, and increases libido in men and women.
Estrogen and progestogen are important hormones for sexual function. Estrogen replacement therapy may correct
symptoms of menopause.
Human Growth Hormone (HGH) therapy may help the body heal and recover more quickly. Also known as somatotropin, HGH
stimulates growth and cell reproduction and may improve your immune function, help regrow hair, and help maintain
your vital organs.
Other hormones that can be supplemented with BHRT include:
- DHEA: may help decrease the effects of aging, reduce insulin resistance, and decrease abdominal fat
- Thyroid hormone: T3 and T4 provide your cells with energy, and may treat symptoms of hypothyroidism, such as
joint pain, low body temperature, and insomnia
- Cortisol: the only hormone that increases with age, low levels of this stress hormone can cause extreme
- Oxytocin: this hormone increases sexual arousal and feelings of love and happiness
Hormone Delivery Methods
BHRT can be administered through the following methods:
- gel and cream applied daily at home
- daily pills are often used for estrogen and the progesterone form progestin
- shots delivered into the muscle weekly
- pellets placed under your skin to provide continuous delivery for months
Dr. Williams will help you determine which delivery method is best for you, as well as the dose required.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
To schedule your consultation with San Antonio’s leading BHRT doctor, call us at (210) 338-8228 to contact